|food for small animals|
So here goes....
1. When I was in fourth grade, I was Vice President of the Horse Club. This was a highly organized society which required one to neigh and gallop and eat greens. We also worshipped daily at the altar of Pegasus (yes, we built one) - which might explain some of my later...issues...with my Sunday School teacher. In any event - I assisted in the composition of the Horse Club anthem - which I present here - for the first time ever on the internet.
From the Horses of the Stone Age
The more perceptive among you may have noticed that it is modelled after the Marine Corps Hymn. Why? Because I could play it on the piano.
You will also note that I switched to a non-rhyming final couplet there. Mainly because nothing particularly evocative rhymed with 'club' - but really, I just couldn't be bothered.
2. I can wiggle my nose like Samantha on Bewitched. If any of you randomly turn into a toad, it's really nothing personal. I just can't control my powers.
3. There is a full-length portrait of me, done in pastels, hanging in some bank in New York City. It's part of a series called 'Women in Black' by the sadly departed but much celebrated artist Elsie Popkin. Don't ask me which bank - I never found out. But if you ever see it - here's the secret. When I was posing for it, I was wearing bright pink furry slippers.
She left those out....
4. I have an amateur radio license. Technician-Plus, to be exact. One day I shall have my General license but it is not this day.
And the last person I spoke to in Morse code was a pig farmer in Arkansas.
5. My first crush was either Richard Petty or Tiny Tim. I'm not exactly clear on which one came first. I've not yet met Richard Petty, but Tiny Tim did kiss me on the cheek and called me Miss Anna in the middle of his one and a half ring circus.
I cried when he died.
Ms. Dallydo was flinging other torches around - but I'm hungry - so those will just have to wait.
But if you read this diary - consider yourself torched!
Or something like that.
seems like yesterday...:
shameless self promotion: